Kids Castle Nursery tips to help your child fall in love with reading
Some kids love to read,but it can be difficult to motivate a child who doesn’t love to read. It may even seem impossible. But it doesn’t have to be. Kids Castle Nursery in Business Bay, near Bay Avenue can provide with the tips to help your child to start.
- Pick a quiet and appropriate time to read: A relaxed environment can help to ease the pressure some children feel when asked to practice their reading
- Choose books that your child is interested in. It sound obvious, but asking a child to read about trains if they love robots will not have the same impact!
- Talk about the story: It is very important to make reading more than just about 'practicing to read'. At our branch near bay square we talk about what is happening in the story to engage the child in the storybook.
- Identify the tricky words before you start reading: Once you start to read regularly you will learn the words that they will find tricky depending on their level. Reading the trickier words together before you start reading will give your child confidence when they see that word during the story.
- Give them time to decipher the words: It is important for children to learn the process of how to read words. Giving children time to decipher the words will increase their confidence. That is how phonics works. Ask them to take their time, sound it out and blend it back together.
Kids Castle Nursery in Business Bay which is just few kilometers away from Bay Square and Bay Avenue and Downtown is an EYFS nursery that focuses on the phonics program extensively and believes that every kid should take time out to read daily to read to help improve their vocabulary and fluency in the language.